Sunday 8 December 2013

OCD

Has it ever occurred, that you kept going back to the kitchen to check for those spill spots on the stove top or the tiles in the kitchen or just kept washing cleaned utensils, or check for stain marks on cutting board? Hate finding different lids on the utensils other than the designated ones? Prefer washing every single bottle before using it to store back the same ingredient? Run for the towel the moment something spills on the floor? And the list can go on..


The above can be said true in my case. May be I suffer from OCD or I do suffer from OCD. I have never given it a serious thought for it has not started affecting my daily life as yet. The only time when it throws in a fit is when I have to let someone else take over the kitchen be it mom, mom in law, maid or my husband. That does not happen often, the only time it happens is when I am in dire need of rest during illness or recovery. But yet, the mind would not budge.

4 comments:

  1. I guess we all suffer from some form of OCD :) it's normal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find it hard to let anyone else into my kitchen... I stress about everything - the spoons they use, the lids they don't put back on the relevant bottles, did they use the heirloom vinegar, are they reaching for my precious EVOO from Portugal, why's my peeler not back in its place... sigh!
    It's nice to know I'm not alone!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trust me Rhea..I feel at ease now..:) Thank you for passing by.

      Delete