Thursday 12 December 2013

Magical moments

 
                                                Source: Husbands collection

Bored of role plays, one evening I and my 4 year old daughter sat to discuss what more we could do  together. Long forgotten were the soft toys which she adored at one stage. I suggested fetching out her most favorite toy from the lot and get going with a story around them.

She was more than happy to take the opportunity to show off her ability to frame a story out of the blue.
She picked a few of them but her story stuck to two dogs. This is how it went

"This is the story of two dogs. They are Papa dog and Mama dog.
They are going to market. 
They are searching for the baby dog who fell down. (I correct her here, its puppy not baby dog)
The puppy got lost.
Afterwards they found the puppy and took him to doctor.
They were all happy after that."

Coming from a kid who was way too late to start talking compared to her peers, I was dumbfound. There was once a time in my life I panicked looking at the milestone charts and worried if my baby was affected with one of the syndromes. None of the assurances around would calm me down. Now if I look back I feel so dumb and ignorant to have been so.Blame it on the information overload through different medias.

Today I am at a comfortable space and have grown mature in this journey of parenting. I know when to go looking for the panic button and not just go overboard every single time. It would be  unfair if I don't mention two more people who have instrumental in this growth.


  • The spouses constant support and understanding and taking over from time to time and 
  • Shailja 's assurance that a different approach to things will deliver results have worked wonders.

1 comment:

  1. Such a cute story she has woven! Bless her little heart:)Thanks again for the mention :)

    ReplyDelete