Wednesday 11 December 2013

Early Morning Gyaan


The unexpected school holiday today triggered some happy moments at home. The kiddo came back home disappointed from the bus stop, so much that she was insisting her grandfather to drop her at the school in an auto. Touch wood, I hope she enjoys her journey to school this way.

Her sleep was long gone by and the only other option she gave us was to keep her engaged with her toys. Suited well for we could carry on with our morning chores without much interference.  

Remember the Lego Blocks I mentioned as gifts from Santa here? These blocks were standard sized  and she got along the duplo set too that again was a gift. The spouse being a lover of blocks, claimed the pieces from both the sets would interlock perfectly without much experience. I disagreed the very next second and tried all possible combinations to prove I was correct and was at it for good five minutes.

Something totally unexpected was to happen. The kiddo managed to interlock the pieces in the next two seconds. I had nothing more to explain. May be I should have just said yes to the spouses claim knowing that he was a good researcher.

I was happy that she did not go the traditional route of just believing what she saw. Like they say, children have their instinct to grasp and gain from the nature. 

A sense of happiness prevailed and I was glad I was proved wrong. 

1 comment:

  1. That's the beautiful thing about our children... they see things to their own eyes and often perceive things in ways we never would have thought.

    ReplyDelete