Thursday 5 December 2013

Father-Daughter bond

I am sure most SAH or WFH moms would agree to the experience I am about to share.


Its not something that happens everyday at our home. The spouse came home early by about four hours today, much to the surprise of you know who, my 4.7 year old daughter. The way they spent their next two hours , made me jealous to the core. But why?


May be , I just saw myself in the spouse's place? What if I had the liberty to see my dream come true on the career front, knowing truly well that it was my decission to stay back ?What if I was the one she longed to be with?

Thoughts come and go, but I for now enjoy these small episodes of being jealous.

At the same time, its not everyday she gets to bond with her father; but when they do, its a pleasure to the eyes. I hope and pray this bond grows mutually.

7 comments:

  1. Very honest one Vidya :) The relationship between a father and daughter can be the source of envy in any case, so you would definitely not be alone here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True Aparna, I think we ourselves have good memories of growing up as daddy's girl right :)

      Delete
  2. totally relate to what you are saying! Its amazing to watch how father and daughter spend those few precious hours together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly, few precious hours is all they get together and that's so well spent laughing, singing, and in our house its mostly through question answer session!

      Delete
  3. Lovely! i saw me in you as u spoke your mind Vid! :) Archana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow..nice to see you around Arch..:) I am sure you are experiencing the same now too with the two tiny tots around ;)

      Delete
  4. Exactly the same feel here!!! But its really nice to see them bonded like this..

    ReplyDelete