Thursday 5 December 2013

An emotion called Anger

"When I am angry I...."sounds familiar isnt it.. Friday it is and the theme for MarathonBloggers.

One look at it and I think what a cake walk topic but ...
It takes courage to go public about what one does when he/she is angry. People tend to marganalize and label you with your actions. Your actions could be momentary but onlookers would never know. You may have a good soul but that one moment of emotion could tarnish you.

Its not easy just not getting angry, I am a human and anger is part and parcel of life that came in with birth, I believe. A new born baby shows anger by wailing , a toddler through tantrums, a pre schooler may just fuss around everything , and the list goes on. As we grow into adults, somewhere realization hits us and we look for damage control. But that works only if it isnt too late which ever situation it may be.

Being a mother brings in a lot of challenges. When the kid happens to be an over active one its going to be a herculian task and I fall under the second category of mothers.

Being part of an active mothers only group has sure helped me realize the importance of not staying calm when raising kids.

So what do I do?

When I get angry I
  1. Don't enter the kitchen.
  2. Bake cookies or cakes.
  3. Keep the music on high and dance away.
  4. Eat some dark chocolate for I don't stock junk.
  5. Rearrange clothes and furniture.
  6. Have an open talk with the spouse.
  7. Rant about it to friends.
If none works I just cry it out.

The above don't work when with my kiddo

All that I do at those times are Breathe or Move away from the kid.

Off late I have ensured my kid gives me a warning "Amma lets laugh on this and forget the anger". It works depending on the situation.

Following a few blogs have helped me to an extent

http://momdiary.blogspot.in/

http://theorangerhino.com/


And the book "How to talk so kids will listen..." is just amazing and make parenting look easier and trust me its not simple but when practiced brings in a whole new meaning to parenting.

So get going and hit the cool button. :)

1 comment:

  1. I am with you on this one. Moving away from the triggers helps most of the time. Good post, by the way :)

    ReplyDelete