Wednesday 7 August 2019

Childbirth, Breastfeeding and the journey

I am a mom and to two kids at that. Becoming a mom was a choice not a compulsion, so was breastfeeding to me.

But did you know the stress that new moms, second time moms go through when it comes to breastfeeding. They are loaded with information from all sources on what to eat, what not to eat, how to feed the baby and how not to feed the baby and the judgmental comments that come along when the mom is unable to breastfeed be it right after delivery or through the journey of infancy and toddler hood. The experience is different from woman to woman and with consecutive deliveries for a woman.

Much like my birth experiences. my breastfeeding experiences were different both the times. Now that I am wiser I know what is right and what is not. I wish I had this strong notion of birthing being a natural process, I wish I had made informed decisions with the doctor of waiting for labour to kick in on its own than rush before due date, I wish I could experience the breathing techniques, shifting positions, massage and pain management during labour, of having the baby given to me for skin to skin contact, of having the baby start on breast feeding in the first hour of birth rather than formula.
An informed decision is a beautiful birthing experience. Safe Birthing is every child's and mom's right.

I as a mother would like to share about this wonderful initiative that a bunch of beautiful souls have begun to give to be mothers a soulful and happy birthing experiences with just the right information and right birthing practices



@Bangalorebirthnetwork is a support and information network that brings you evidence based information you can take back to your doctor and have a happy pregnancy.

No comments:

Post a Comment