Friday 18 May 2018

A selfie that brings back a lot of memories, self assurance and confidence.

Baby wearing and trekking over Ramanagara!
As a kid I was brought up being very active with way too many acrobatic stunts to my credit. I  was never into professional athletics or acrobats. But can you imagine being hung on the parapets of the yest year homes? That was just another sport for my dad. If I was not hanging there , I used to be tossed into the air and then caught. I do not have much memory of those days but these are passed over memories by mom and dad.

To say the least I was the last person in the group to be called in for any sports or cultural activities at school. I was always considered to be in the studious group. Guess I lost out to many a good opportunity as a kid this way. But all this changed once I entered a girls college for my engineering.

Cut back to my professional life I got into active sports, trekking, cultural programs and what not. It was a blessing in disguise to be have worked in one of the big IT giants and still had chances to indulge in all outdoor activities. I was surprised at my own strength and interests. They say when life gives you lemons make lemonade and that is exactly what I did.  Marriage, kids followed but my interests remained. As time went by fitness, gym came into play and it was all the more good.

We never missed a chance to step out to trek or tour. People wondered how we would manage with kids in tow. But hey we did our first tour post kid when the elder kid was just 6 months old. There was nothing stopping us. In between all this madness in life I got injured with an ACL tear. Fear gripped in if that would put a full stop to all my outdoor activities. Thankfully the injury wasn't much damaging at that point and there was nothing stopping me or my kids.

As you can see from the selfie which I would like to term as selfie experience, I was into baby wearing when the second one came by and that is how we ended up trekking the Ramanagara. It was a day outing from Bangalore on the Bangalore- Mysore Highway. All four of us trekked up the other small hill closer to Ramadevara Betta Hill. It was a surreal experience to trek with a chance of damaging my legs more, two year old on the back but I did it. The only damage that occurred was the carrier snapping away half way down the climb. This place is known for Sholay movie being shot here way back in the 70's.

That reminds me I clicked quite a lot of selfies with my second one because we were into baby wearing. A selfie camera definitely helps in those moments that we want to preserve life long. The Mobiistar's front , dual selfie camera would have that can capture a 120 degree wide angle shot should have definitely captured more of the surrounding beauty atop that cliff in Ramanagara.


A selfie is definitely a way for us to get the precious memories etched in our hearts for ever. What if we were to want those memories saved and had no company to shoot those moments. That is how selfies help us. Wait for no one and just be true to your desires and needs.
This post goes in for the contest from IndiBlogger in association with Mobiistar. Check them out here and if you would like to lay your hands on them, they are on Flipkart.

No comments:

Post a Comment